Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My past and present.. who knows the future..

SO my past is kind of harsh and I really don't know why I want to fill you in on this stuff except that I feel that if you want to get to know someone then this is the way you do it. I was the girl in the middle of boys (two brothers) and that alone was a little hard to deal with. My older brother really didn't want anything to do with the little sister that thought the world of him. He would leave me when I would try to follow him and it didn't matter where. We lived in a wooded area and I remember being left in those woods and not getting lost because he weaved and zigzagged and my little legs couldn't keep up. I heard that mom yelled at him and made him come back and get me, but I was still left.. It explains why I am not very good at being alone.
My younger brother was different though. He wanted to follow both of us and since my older brother treated me like I didn't exist, I cherished the attention that my younger brother would give me. We would play games for hours. My life was made better by my younger brother, though I really don't know if he realizes that...
The present day is really different then when we were younger. I realize we grew up and so we are in different points of our lives, but sometimes I wish that I could go back to the younger days when we were still close (at least me and my younger brother). One thing that I am grateful for though is the fact that my older brother went in to the Army and came out better than he was.
My older brother apologized for the way he treated me and my younger brother and that makes life better.
Now I don't really know where the future is headed, I just hope that things continue to get better and that maybe the issues will fade away with my family. Cuz right now, I really don't have the wonderful relationship that I had with my younger brother, and when I mention it, I get the answer of "we are growing up and therefore things are changing". It's a sad thing when change means that you lose those relationships that you came to cherish!

No comments: